MEETING NOTES - APRIL 10, 2018
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
pictured is Rusty Nelson, featured speaker.
CCCC Minutes Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Member’s Forum Pre-Meeting
Anita Bower introduced Helen Wagner who presented on “Lightroom - workflow, printing and more”. She reviewed her recommendations for downloading and organizing files, and demonstrated some of the multitude of adjustments one can make in the develop module. Helen shared some resources for further Lightroom training including free videos on jkost.com.
CCCC Business Updates
President Bob Kelly welcomed visitors and asked committee chairs to give updates:
- Outings. Howard Sundwall reminded everyone that the outing to the Antique Ice Tool Museum is this Saturday. Parking on site is extremely limited so we must carpool. The plan is to meet (not in Exton) in the parking lot of the Giant Supermarket in Bradford Plaza west of the town of West Chester. See schedule listing for details.
- Howard also announced a new exciting opportunity. He is working on getting us access to shoot the grounds and interior of the one-time Sharples Manor House, also known as the "Claude Rains House", after the famous Hollywood actor who lived there in the late 1950s.
- Jim Wilson announced the upcoming outing to Hopewell Village which will take place Saturday, April 21. He encourages club members to use this event as an opportunity to practice manual settings on your camera. This is not a requirement, but a great way to practice and learn manual mode with some others members who will be happy to advise and answer questions. And if you want to use your automatic settings, that is okay too - just plan to join us at this photogenic National Park. See more info here.
- Elections. Past-president Betsy Wilson announced that the annual election of officers will take place next month at the May 8 meeting. The proposed slate of officers for the 2018-2019 club year are:
- President - Howard Sundwall
- Vice-President - Carol DeGuiseppi
- Secretary - Stephanie Vacek
- Treasurer - Helen Wagner
- Members-at-large - Jennifer Gidaro and Peter Guman
- Member’s Forum. Anita Bower informed the group that the next Member’s Forum on May 8 will feature Jim Wilson, who will share his thoughts on his unique approach to photography. The session will include plenty of unusual and compelling images, that demonstrate a different way to capture ordinary subjects as well as demonstrating some creative studio set-ups. Details here.
- Workshops. Peter Guman of the Workshop Committee announced that there will be a creative workshop on Flower Photography on Saturday, May 5, hosted by Anita Bower and Nancy Cordaro, both accomplished flower photographers. They will each share their unique photographic process and style and give participants an opportunity to practice creating their own beautiful images. Details here.
Vice-President Carol DeGuiseppi introduced the speaker, Storm Chaser and Photographer Rusty Nelson. Rusty charged the atmosphere with a lively presentation including videos, maps and amazing photographs to describe the storm-chasing experience. The audience almost felt like they were experiencing the tornados, the heavy winds and dust storms, the hail, and eventually the rainbows. Lots of interesting discussions followed the presentation. You can check Rusty’s images on his website at http://www.rustynelson.com/
Minutes prepared by Betsy Wilson, Past-President.