Meeting Notes - September 26,2018
Thursday, September 27, 2018
Pictured are competition winners.
CHESTER COUNTY CAMERA CLUB
MEETING NOTES - SEPTEMBER 26, 2018
Choir Room ~ Westminster Presbyterian Church
Meeting ~ Howard Sundwall called the meeting to order. This was the first competition night of the 2018-2019 year. Howard asked everyone to please silence their cell phones.
Visitors ~ There were 4 new visitors/members at tonight’s meeting.
Outings ~ Howard Sundwall filled in for Dean Grantham tonight.
* The first club outing will take place on Saturday, September 29, 2018 from 8:15 AM to 2:30 PM ~ Ft. Delaware/Pea Patch Island ~ This Civil-War-era fortress guarded Philly against naval attack via the Delaware River, but was never challenged by Confederate warships. There will be a carpool leaving the Exton Panera at 8:15 am, or meet at the Ferry Landing in Delaware City, DE at 9:30 am (Ferry departs at 10 am). Please let Howard know if you plan on attending the outing. For more information, please click here: /club/Events_view.aspx?Eventid=e4f192f7-3306-4ef0-a0ff-e4f55a1bfe28
* There will be a special outing to the Kuerner Farm on Sunday, October 21, 2018 from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM. Steve Whitney will be leading this outing. Tripods are permitted. There will be a maximum of 25 people, so plan on signing up early by letting Steve or Dean know if you plan on attending. Estimated cost is $10 - $15 per person, depending on how many people attend. For more information, please click here: /club/Events_view.aspx?Eventid=7a354ad7-2d03-4449-a5dc-e4dd4f61332a
Presentation on how to use the CCCC website ~ Betsy Wilson gave a brief, but thorough, review on how to navigate the CCCC website. Please feel free to contact Betsy or Bob Kelly with any questions you may have. If you have an item you would like considered for the newsletter., please let Betsy or Carol DeGuiseppi know.
* Home Page - lists everything members need to know about recent and upcoming events.
* Club Information * Discussion Forums - Members will find several topics that may be of interest to members ~ Buy/Sell/Swap Equipment, Book Lending Library, Local Photography & Art Shows, Mentoring Group, etc.
Competition ~ Bob Kelly introduced tonights judges: Jim Samenon, Carol DeGuiseppi and Dick Greenwood. Each CCCC judge is an accomplished photographer having won multiple awards and displayed in multiple galleries. Tonight’s theme was “Food”.
Images receiving a score of:
24-27 - Excellent
15-22 - Better than average
10-14 - Average
3-9 - Below average
Below 3 - let’s not go there…..
Ribbons are awarded based on the number of submitted images:
* One ribbon - 1-8 images submitted in a category (first place only)
* Two ribbons - 9-16 images submitted in a category (first & second place)
* Three ribbons - 16-24 images submitted in a category (first, second & third place)
* Four ribbons - Greater than 24 images submitted in a category (first, second, third & honorable mention)
Minutes submitted by Stephanie Vacek, Secretary