CHESTER COUNTY CAMERA CLUB
MEETING NOTES - SEPTEMBER 25, 2019
Choir Room ~ Westminster Presbyterian Church
MEETING ~ Ginia Apostolacus, vice president, called the meeting to order as Howard Sundwall, president, was away. Ginia asked everyone to silence their cell phones.
VISITORS ~ There were 4 new visitors/members at tonight’s meeting.
CLUB BUSINESS ~
* Ginia told club members that Harold Ross would be doing a demonstration of light painting for members 1-2 weeks after he conducts a presentation to the club in February. There will be a charge for interested participants.
* Ginia presented 2 presentation ideas for the October Members Forum ~ 1) Gear show & tell or 2) Everybody edits. Club members overwhelmingly voted for Everybody edits for the next Members Forum.
COMMITTEE ANNOUNCEMENTS -
Outings Committee ~
* Svenne Juul reminded club members that the Monarch Migration outing to Cape May will be Saturday, September 28. Please click here for more information: /club/Events_view.aspx?Eventid=a20cc820-307c-4dd2-a1bf-57241471b716
* Svenne announced the West Chester by Night outing on Saturday, October 5 from 7-9 pm. Whether your interest is evening street photography, zoom-blur, streaking taillights or simply night scenes from a vibrant downtown, a walk through West Chester on a Saturday evening will provide plenty of opportunities. Further information may be found here: /club/Events_view.aspx?Eventid=2cb7a926-a038-4f86-80ea-c9c2579f7e64
* Betsy Wilson announced the Steel Stacks in Bethlehem outing on Thursday, October 17 from 1:30-7 pm. This is a series of five blast furnaces that were used in the iron making process at Bethlehem Steel for decades. For those who wish to stay into the evening, CCCC members have been invited as guests of the Lehigh Valley Photography Club to attend their presentation by Internationally-acclaimed photographer Denise Ippolito. Please click here for further details: /club/Events_view.aspx?Eventid=29129771-b2cd-4976-ac06-b5612b14e188
Workshop Committee ~ Wayne Dixon thanks all participants who attended the club’s first workshop of the year.
COMPETITIONS ~ Bob Kelly introduced tonight’s judge, Nancy Rumsfeld. Nancy is an Associate Professor in the Department of Art & Design at West Chester University. Currently she teaches film and digital photography as well as digital media and has also taught 2D design and drawing. Her work has been shown regionally, nationally and internationally. She earned her BFA from Moore College of Art, an MS from WCU and her PhD from Nova Southeastern University. Her work is in the recent book One-Hundred Artists of the Brandywine Valley. She enjoys being involved with nurturing the creative spirit in people of all ages. The competition theme for tonight’s meeting was “The Beauty of Light”. Bob told club members that monthly competitions are a learning experience with both themed and open categories as well as print & digital mediums for submitting images. Members are encouraged to contact Bob with any questions
Minutes submitted by Stephanie Vacek, Secretary